Wescom Informational Updates Regarding COVID-19
As we continue to monitor the rapidly changing impact COVID-19 has on our members, employees, and Southern California communities, we want you to know that we remain committed to keeping our branches and remote banking channels available to you, and providing you with financial assistance through tough times.
Currently all branches are open and operating under normal hours except:
- UCLA Campus Branch (due to Ackerman Union Closure)
- Popup location at the Glendale Galleria
We encourage you to conduct your essential banking from the safety and comfort of your home using our online and mobile applications.
If you need to make a cash withdrawal of $5,000 or more, please Schedule an Appointment at least 2-3 buisness days in advance so that we can get everything prepared for your visit.
Social Distancing at Wescom Branches
We are observing social distancing practices in our branches to protect our members, employees, and communities. If you need to visit a branch, you’ll find we are monitoring the capacity, encouraging a six-foot distance, and maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness which includes medical grade cleaning.
We need your help with social distancing too.
Face Mask Required
Personal protective wear is required when visiting any Wescom branch. This is in accordance with recent county orders as well as CDC recommendations to cover your face in public settings.
We also ask that you do not come into the branch if:
- If you are experiencing any cough or respiratory illness
- If you have been exposed to anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19
Instead, take advantage of our robust mobile and online banking tools. You can conduct your essential banking from the safety and comfort of your home using our online and mobile applications.
Download the Wescom App
We have also compiled a list of resources to address any questions you may have about banking with us during this time. This page is updated frequently so check back for updates.
Remote Banking Options
- eBranch and Mobile Banking
- Bank from the comfort of your home using eBranch or the Wescom Mobile Banking App. Check balances, pay bills, deposit checks, and transfer funds anytime, anywhere. Download the Android App or iOS App (iPhone/iPad) today.
- Call or Chat With Us
Our Member Contact Center is available to help you with all your account needs, including account updates, loan applications, and account questions. Plus, we have extended our chat and phone hours:
- Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Despite the various closures in our communities surrounding concerns about COVID-19, we are doing everything we can to exceed your expectations and serve your banking needs. However, we do anticipate possible service delays and staffing challenges and appreciate your patience in advance.
- Loans and Financial Services
We know that now, more than ever, it’s important to have access to loans, lines of credit, and financial services, and we offer ways for you to apply online, through eBranch, or through our Member Contact Center.
- Auto Loans: apply through eBranch, call us, or schedule a telephone appointment online
- Mortgage Loans: online portal or schedule a telephone appointment online to speak to a Mortage Loan Officer
- Credit Cards: apply through eBranch or over the phone
- Home Equity Lines of Credit (HELOC): online portal or schedule a telephone appointment online to speak to a Mortage Loan Officer
- Other Loans: aplpy through eBranch and over the phone
- Wescom Financial Services (WFS): over the phone at 1-888-879-0558 ext 5104 or schedule a telephone appointment online to speak with a WFS Financial Advisor
For more information, login to eBranch or call us at 1-888-4WESCOM (1-888-493-7266).
- How To Videos
Our how to videos are available to help get you started with several of the remote banking options available through eBranch and the Wescom mobile banking app. Visit our video library to get started today.
Assistance During Tough Times
- Member Assistance Programs
- We also understand that there may be instances where members find themselves facing financial difficulties. Wescom is here to help and we encourage members who may be impacted by COVID-19 to reach out to discuss how we might be of assistance. Please visit our Member Assistance Page to learn more about the options available.
- Limit Increases for Account Access
- We know COVID-19 has had an impact on your usual banking needs and want to make sure that you are able to deposit and withdraw the funds you need, so we have:
- Increased daily ATM usage limit at Wescom ATMs
- Increased SnapDeposit limit so you can deposit more checks remotely
- Removed the six per month withdrawal limit from Savings and Money Market so you can transfer or withdraw without any restrictions
- Wescom Provides Emergency Grants to SoCal Food Banks
- In response to the challenges that COVID-19 has created for our Southern California communities, Wescom is providing $45,000 in emergency grants to local food banks. Learn more.
- Information about SBA Paycheck Protection Program
- Although Wescom does not provide small business loans, we would like to provide our members with some alternative options. Here is a list of some SoCal Credit Union lenders that may be able to assist you. visit SBA.gov.
- Safety and Soundness - Your Deposits are Insured by the NCUA
- We know you may have some concerns with the economic uncertainty caused by COVID-19. We want to assure you that your money is safe with Wescom. Your deposits are insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA). Plus, we hold ourselves to even higher standards than required by the NCUA. With more than $3.5 billion in assets, we are one of the most well-capitalized credit unions in the country. You can rest assured that we will be there for you when you need it.
- Avoid COVID-19 Scams
As global news about COVID-19 circulates, we are seeing increases in fraud scams through email communications, social media, and commerce. It is important to know if we reach out to you, we will not ask you for confidential information such as social security numbers, personal identification numbers (PIN), passwords, or other account information.
Additionally, we encourage you to sign up for free Account Alerts in eBranch to help you keep track of your finances via text message or email notifications. You can also visit our Security Center for more ways on how Wescom can help you keep your accounts safe.
- Protecting Our Team Members
- We are making flexible work arrangements for employees to work from home where possible. For those whose work requires them to be on-site, we have provided guidance to support social distancing, replaced in-person meetings with teleconference options, suspended all business travel, including travel between our various offices, and continue to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness in all our facilities. We have also expanded our leave policies to accommodate employee health circumstances created by COVID-19 and our team members will continue to be compensated.
- Information about IRS Economic Impact Payments
- We know many of you have questions regarding the status of your stimulus payment. We have pulled together resources to help address frequently asked questions. Click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is my money secure?
- Yes. Your money is safe with Wescom. Your deposits are insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Association (NCUA). Plus, at Wescom, we hold ourselves to even higher capitalization standards than required by the NCUA. You can rest assured that your funds will be there for you when you need it.
- Will my branch close?
- Our focus remains on serving you and we are doing all we can to keep our branches open. With the recent State of California “Stay at Home” order, Wescom will continue to keep our doors open. However, we encourage you to follow government guidelines and take advantage of our mobile banking and online tools so you can bank from home. In the event there is a change, you can find the latest updates here.
- Can I continue to make branch appointments?
- Branch appointments for auto loans, mortgage loans, and investment service can be conducted over the phone. To make an appointment, click on the “Schedule an Appointment” button on the home page.
- Can I apply for an Auto Loan at the branch?
- You can apply for an Auto Loan online through eBranch or you can schedule an appointment online to apply by phone.
- What is my ATM withdrawal limit?
- We have increased the ATM daily usage limit to $1,200 ($600 per transaction) at Wescom ATMs.
- What is my SnapDeposit limit?
- We have increased the SnapDeposit limit for our members. Your daily deposit limit will be displayed when you initiate a SnapDeposit.
- How do I reset my eBranch password?
- From the eBranch Log in box, click on “Help/Options” then “Reset My Account Access”. You can also watch the how-to video here.
- What types of loan deferral programs are available?
- Wescom offers loan deferrals on existing consumer loans for members impacted by COVID-19 as well as Emergency Loans through April 30, 2020. Additional assistance programs such as Skip-A-Pay and Quick Assist Loans are also available. We also offer assistance options for Wescom Mortgage loans for members impacted by COVID-19. Please call us at 1-888-4WESCOM (1-888-493-7266) for more information and ways we can help.
- Are you waiving interest charges for Wescom Loans?
- We working with each members individually to make exceptions and flexible arrangements. Please call us at 1-888-4WESCOM (1-888-493-7266) to discuss the options available to you.
- Can I access my certificate before the maturity date?
- We are working with each member individually and making exceptions to allow early withdrawals on Certificate of Deposits accounts. Please call us at 1-888-4WESCOM (1-888-493-7266).
- Can I make changes to my investment accounts?
- Wescom Financial Services is available to assist members with any investment changes or questions. Please call 1-888-879-0558, Ext. 5104.
*By skipping a payment, you defer the payment which may extend the life of the loan. Your loan must be in good standing. Other conditions apply.
**Must be a member in good standing with no delinquent loans. Must be over 18 to qualify and have had a minimum of $400 in direct deposit each month for the past three months. Account cannot have more than three Quick Assist Loans in a six month period and must be outside the New Member Period (90-120 days of account opening). Other terms may apply. Please call for details.
Investment products and services offered through Wescom Financial Services, LLC (WFS), a Registered SEC Investment Advisor, broker-dealer, and a wholly owned subsidiary of Wescom Credit Union. Registered Representatives are employed by and registered through WFS (Member FINRA/SIPC). Investments are not NCUA/NCUSIF insured, not Credit Union guaranteed, and may lose value. Wescom Financial Services CA Insurance License #0E36340.