The Wescom Credit Union WeCare Foundation
The Wescom Credit Union WeCare Foundation was founded by Wescom employees in 1999 as a charitable, not-for-profit organization designed to help people in need through charitable giving and volunteerism.
WeCare focuses on identifying and sponsoring volunteer opportunities for employees as well as providing a vehicle for tax-deductible charitable contributions through payroll deductions. These contributions are, in turn, matched dollar for dollar by Wescom Credit Union.
Since its founding, WeCare has selected a number of charities to sponsor throughout the year. For 2017, WeCare is supporting these organizations:
- Angel City Pit Bulls
- Non-profit rescue organization dedicated to creating a better future for pit bull dogs in Los Angeles.
- Canine Companions for Independence
- Non-profit organization that enhances the lives of people with disabilities by providing highly trained assistance dogs and ongoing support to ensure quality partnerships.
- Diamond in the RAW
- Organization devoted to empowering and transforming the lives of foster care and at-risk teen girls between the ages of 12-18 through the arts & S.T.E.M. education.
- For the Troops
- All-volunteer, non-profit organization dedicated to providing members of the American military with "We Care" packages containing basic necessities, goodies, games and — most of all — a show of support.
- House of Ruth
- Non-profit that assist families victimized by domestic violence.
- Koinonia Family Services
- A premier foster and adoption agency with more than 33 years of experience and offices throughout California and Nevada.
- MEND (Meet Each Need with Dignity)
- Non-profit that helps break the bonds of poverty by providing basic human needs and a pathway to self-reliance.
- New Horizon Service Dogs
- Non-profit organization that partners trained dogs with disabled individuals, mostly in the area of wheelchair and mobility assistance.
- RAM-CA (Remote Area Medical)
- Provides free dental, vision, and medical care to isolated, impoverished, or underserved communities.
- The Unforgettables Foundation
- Inland Empire-based group that assists low-income families with funeral expenses following the death of a child.
To contact WeCare, call 1-888-4WESCOM (1-888-493-7266), ext. 8080, or send an email to email@example.com.