The Wescom Credit Union WeCare Foundation
Formed by employees of Wescom Credit Union to help people in need through charitable giving and volunteerism, the Wescom Credit Union WeCare Foundation was founded in 1999 as a charitable, not-for-profit organization.
WeCare focuses on identifying and sponsoring volunteer opportunities for employees as well as providing a vehicle for tax-deductible charitable contributions through payroll deductions. These contributions are, in turn, matched dollar for dollar by Wescom Credit Union.
Since its founding, WeCare has selected a number of charities to sponsor throughout the year.
For 2014, WeCare is supporting these organizations:
- The Unforgettables: An Inland Empire-based organization that provides financial support to families that have experienced the death of a child, it enables low-income families to give their children a dignified burial.
- Free Arts for Abused Children: Programs inspire hope in the lives of children who have experienced abuse, neglect, poverty and homelessness through innovative creative arts programs and positive interactions with caring adult volunteers.
- Canine Companions for Independence: Provides highly-trained assistance dogs for children and adults with disabilities, free of charge. The most advanced technology capable of transforming the lives of people with disabilities has a cold nose and a warm heart!
- Serenity Infant Care Homes: The mission of Serenity Infant Care Homes is to break the cycle of child abuse through early intervention programs for child victims and their biological parents. Serenity has demonstrated, through its programs, that abused infants and very young children can overcome attachment and bonding issues, developmental delays, as well as emotional scarring using therapeutic strategies.
- The ARC Los Angeles / OC: The Arc of Los Angeles and Orange Counties is committed to providing for people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities the ability to form and work towards goals through training and education, based on their individual abilities.
- House of Ruth: Mission is two-fold: (1) To advocate for and assist women and children victimized by domestic violence and children exposed to violence in transforming their lives by providing culturally competent shelter, programs, opportunities and education: and (2) To contribute to social change through intervention, education, prevention programs and community awareness.
To contact WeCare, call 1-888-4WESCOM (1-888-493-7266), ext. 8080, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.