We know many of you have questions regarding the status of your stimulus payment. We have pulled together resources to help address frequently asked questions.
Economic Impact Payment Fast Facts
- How do I know if I received my IRS Economic Impact Payment?
- If you qualified for the Economic Impact Payment, and the IRS has your Wescom account information from your 2018 or 2019 tax filing, or if you are not required to file a tax return and receive other US Government benefit deposits electronically, you should receive your payment by direct deposit. Log in to eBranch or download the Wescom Mobile App to check if your economic impact payment has been deposited. The payment will appear in your recent transactions. To find out if you qualify, visit the “Get My Payment” tool from the IRS.
- How can I be notified when the funds are available?
- Sign up for Account Alerts through eBranch to be the first to know when a deposit is made to your account. Log on to eBranch, select “Account Alerts” from the menu, select “Any Deposit” from the drop down and follow the prompts.
- What if I’m getting a paper check? How do I make my deposit?
- If you receive a paper check, sign the back and deposit it using SnapDeposit through the Wescom Mobile App. Make sure all payees have signed, and include the words “For Deposit only at Wescom Credit Union”. You can also deposit it at a local Wescom Branch ATM.
- What if the IRS does not have my Wescom Account number?
- If the IRS does not have your Wescom account information, you can add your direct deposit information via their online tool if your check has not been mailed. You will need your Wescom account and routing number.
- Wescom Routing Number: 322079353
- Wescom Account Number: You can find your account number at the bottom of your check or in eBranch by click on “Account Info” then “Routing and Account Number”.
- What happens if my account is overdrawn?
- At Wescom, if accounts are overdrawn, any deposits are automatically applied to cover negative balances. However, we understand that you may be suffering economic or other hardship and we are committed to working with you to ensure you have full access to your CARES Act stimulus funds. Please contact us if you have questions or need further information on how we can help you.
Wescom continues to be here for you during these unprecedented times. Learn more about financial assistance available to our members.
- Will Wescom use my Economic Impact Payment to pay delinquent loans?
- No. Wescom will not use your Economic Impact Payment to cover any delinquent loans at this time.
Tools to Stay Informed
We also want to encourage you to take advantage of tools to help you stay informed during this time:
- Account Alerts: Sign up for Account Alerts to be notified the moment a deposit is made to your account. To get started, log onto eBranch and select “Account Alerts”.
- eBranch and Mobile Banking: View your transactions (including automatic deposits), transfer funds, and make payments from the comfort of your home with eBranch and Mobile banking. If you haven’t already, download the Android or iOS App (iPhone/iPad) today.
- Avoid COVID-19 Scams: Stay one step ahead of fraudsters exploiting the relief and stimulus payments. We encourage you to sign up for Accounts Alerts to notify you of any unauthorized withdrawals from your accounts. Learn more.
- Use the IRS Status Tool: Using the IRS status tool, you can find information about your Economic Impact Payment, including type and status. Click here.
Also, please know that we are doing all we can to exceed your expectations, but due to extremely high call volumes, we are experiencing longer wait times when you call our Member Contact Center or chat with us.