Frequently Asked Questions and Help
A credit union is a cooperative financial institution, owned and controlled by the people who use its services. These people are members. Credit unions serve groups that share something in common, such as where they work, live, or go to church. Credit unions are not-for-profit and exist to provide a safe, convenient place for members to save money and get loans at reasonable rates. Learn more about credit unions.
- Am I eligible to open an account with Wescom?
- Why should I open an account with Wescom?
- How long has Wescom been around?
- What types of accounts do you offer?
- What kinds of loans can I apply for?
- Where are your branches located?
- Where are your ATMs located?
- When are you open?
- How can I access my accounts?
- What is eBranch?
- What is Teller#Phone?
- How can I protect my password?
- Does Wescom offer Direct Deposit?
- What is Wescom's Routing Number?
- Can Wescom help me with financial planning?
- Can Wescom help me with self-directed trading?
- Where can I find frequently used forms and documents?
Am I eligible to open an account with Wescom?
If you live, work, worship, or attend school in the seven Southern California counties, you can open an account with Wescom. You are also eligible if you are a family member (spouse, domestic partner, parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew) of a Wescom member in good standing. Get started here
Why should I open an account with Wescom?
Wescom's purpose is to serve the needs of our member-owners. But service is just one of the many things that makes us different from the typical banking experience. Whether you come in to our branches, call the Member Service Center, or visit us online, we go above and beyond to make sure we're meeting your needs.
How? By offering comprehensive financial services from checking and savings to investments and financial planning. By developing innovative technology that provides anytime, anywhere account access. By encouraging you to let us know how we're doing and how we can better meet your needs. And by providing the friendly, personal attention that makes Wescom unique.
How long has Wescom been around?
We've been around for more than 86 years. In 1934, 13 individuals pooled $65 to create an alternative to the banks. Now, with nearly 200,000 members and more than $3.5 billion in assets, Wescom has become one of the largest credit unions in the country.
What types of accounts do you offer?
At Wescom, we offer:
- Savings Accounts
- Checking Accounts
- Money Market Accounts
- Certificate Accounts
- IRAs (Individual Retirement Accounts)
- Wescom Financial Services
- Insurance Services
- and even Youth Accounts
What kinds of loans can I apply for?
Wescom offers the following types of loan programs:
- Home loans
- Car loans
- Home equity loans and lines of credit
- Personal Lines of Credit
- Wescom Visa Credit Cards
Where are your branches located?
We now have 24 Branches located throughout Southern California.
Where are your ATMs located?
You can find more than 30,000 ATMs throughout the country that are part of our Wescom and CO-OP Networks. You will not be charged for using these ATMs. To find your nearest ATM, use the Location Finder.
When are you open?
Our branches are open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. We're also open on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Our Contact Center 1-888-4WESCOM (1-888-493-7266) is open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturdays, and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sundays. Visit our Branch Locations and Hours page for details.
How can I access my accounts?
You can access your accounts through our branches, ATMs, and through our Member Service Center 1-888-4WESCOM (1-888-493-7266). You can also access your account 24 hours a day with eBranch online banking or Teller#Phone.
What is eBranch?
eBranch is our free online banking service, bringing you 24-hour access to your Wescom accounts. Pay your bills online with BillPayer, view account balances, get account history (even your Wescom Visa), or transfer funds. You can view your cancelled checks, open new accounts, transfer money to and from other financial institutions, and much more.
It costs nothing to use eBranch — it's absolutely free to all members. And, as long as you have Internet access, you can use eBranch day or night from virtually anywhere in the world.
What is Teller#Phone?
Teller#Phone is our 24-hour telephone banking system. Need to make a loan payment? Transfer money between accounts? Verify which checks have cleared? Using Teller#Phone, the Credit Union's 24-hour telephone banking service, all of these features and many more are just a phone call away.
How can I protect my password?
Wescom does everything it can to safeguard your password, but whether you're using an ATM, Teller#Phone, or eBranch, you play an essential role in keeping your password safe. Here are a few tips for keeping your password safe:
- Don't use easy-to-guess information such as your name, date of birth, telephone number, address, and so on.
- Where possible, use a combination of letters and numbers in your password. Those types of passwords are harder to guess. A good rule is not to use any word found in a dictionary. Also, don't use repeated or easily guessed numeric values (e.g., 1111 or 1234).
- Don't write your password down.
- Don't include your password in any file, including a word-processing document, web page or an electronic mail message. (If anyone else reveals a password to you, delete the information promptly.)
- Avoid using the same password on different systems. If an unauthorized user gets your password, he could gain access to every system on which you're using that password.
- Change your password regularly.
- Do not leave your computer unattended after you log in to eBranch, and be sure to log out when you're finished.
Does Wescom offer Direct Deposit?
Yes. With Wescom, it's easy to sign up for Direct Deposit of your paycheck, retirement check, government check, or other recurring deposit.
What is the Wescom Routing Number?
The Wescom Routing Number is 322079353. However, to ensure your electronic deposit or debit is routed to the correct account, please click here to see additional important information.
Can Wescom help me with financial planning?
Wescom is here to help you take control of your financial future. We offer complimentary educational seminars with topics such as taxes, changing jobs, living trusts, investing, and home buying.
We also help keep you up to date with our quarterly TouchPoints Newsletter.
Additionally, you can visit our Financial Calculators. They will help you make sense of complex issues such as how much you can borrow, how much you should save for retirement, or if you can afford to buy that new car.
You can also speak with a Wescom Financial Services Advisor to get information about financial planning.
Can Wescom help me with self-directed trading?
If you are an investor who wants to make your own investment decisions, Wescom Financial Services is here to help you invest in stocks, options and mutual funds.