Let Us Know Before You Go
Keep Your Card Active Wherever You Go
If you will be traveling and plan on using your Wescom Visa® Credit or Debit Card, we recommend notifying Wescom prior to your departure. Changes in your spending habits and patterns can trigger a security alert with our fraud detection system, especially if these transactions are made out of state or overseas. If potential fraud is detected, your card may be temporarily suspended, blocking it from further transactions until the questionable charge can be verified. Furthermore, if you are out of town, contacting you to verify the charge may be difficult and you may be inconvenienced if you are unable to use your card. Just provide us with a cell phone number where you can easily be reached during your travels.
How to Notify Us of Your Travel Plans
Notify us of your upcoming travel plans in one of the following ways:
- Log in to eBranch and select "Card Center" from the Menu Bar. Click "Travel Notice" and follow the steps on the prompted screens.
- Contact a Member Service Representative at 1-888-4WESCOM (1-888-493-7266), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., or Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please be prepared to provide your travel dates and destination(s).
Prep for Your Trip
- Pack your Wescom Credit Card and Wescom Debit Card — just in case one gets lost, stolen, or blocked.
- Update your contact information — in eBranch select the gear button in the upper right corner to update your personal information.
- Sign up for Card Purchase Alerts — in eBranch select the "Account Alerts" tab from the Menu bar so we can text or email you whenever your card is used.
- Mobile banking — download the Wescom Mobile Banking App for Apple® and Android™ devices for on-the-go banking anywhere, anytime.
During Your Trip
- Be mindful of longer authorization holds — verify hold times with travel-related merchants and make sure you have available credit.
- ATM access — Find fee free ATMs across the U.S. and Canada through the CO-OP Network® — all members have a daily ATM cash withdrawal limit of $500.
- Foreign transactions — Wescom does not charge a foreign transaction fee if you use your credit card or debit card outside the U.S.
- Contact us — Visit the contact us page to see how you can contact us while you're in a different time zone, or outside of the U.S.
- Report lost or stolen cards — in eBranch select the "Card Center" tab from the Menu bar to report your card lost or stolen.