Wescom in the Community
WeCare is our employee-run charitable organization that actively helps the communities we serve.
The Wescom Credit Union WeCare Foundation
The Wescom Credit Union WeCare Foundation was founded by Wescom employees in 1999 as a charitable, not-for-profit organization designed to help people in need through charitable giving and volunteerism.
WeCare focuses on identifying and sponsoring volunteer opportunities for employees as well as providing a vehicle for tax-deductible charitable contributions through payroll deductions. These contributions are, in turn, matched dollar for dollar by Wescom Credit Union.
Since its founding, WeCare has selected a number of charities to sponsor throughout the year.
For 2019, WeCare is supporting these organizations:
- Non-profit organization that supports individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- House of Ruth
- Non-profit that assist families victimized by domestic violence.
- The Arc of Los Angeles and Orange Counties
- Non-profit organization committed to providing for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities the ability to form and work towards goals through training and education, based on their individual abilities.
- The Unforgettables Foundation
- Inland Empire-based group that assists low-income families with funeral expenses following the death of a child.
- POPs the Club
- Los Angeles-based organization that provides a space for high school students who have been impacted by the pain of the prison system—those with incarcerated loved ones and those who have been incarcerated themselves. POPs the Club establishes and sustains high-school clubs for this population where students are nourished and empowered through creative expression, emotional support, and development of community.
- Free Arts
- Los Angeles-based organization that uses art to restore hope, resiliency, and self-esteem in children ages 5-18 who have experienced abuse, neglect, poverty, and homelessness.